Sky+ with communal dish problem

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Mr Snrub, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Mr Snrub

Mr Snrub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I've got Sky+ running off a communal dish on top of the block of flats I live in, which were built with just a single Sky input in the wall. Because of this I can only view/record one channel at a time, but I can still pause, rewind etc.

The problem is that unless I start a recording either just before a program starts, or during it, it fails. When I go back to the channel I've tried to record, it states "No signal is being received". Moving away from, then back to that channel fixes the problem straight away, but the recording has already failed. If for example I ask it to record something a few hours in advance, it'll fail every time.

In addition to this, if I leave the box on standby for longer than half an hour or so, all channels will state "No signal is being received", and I have to turn the box off and on again at the wall, which fixes the problem (but takes 3/4mins to wake up each time).

I'd have thought this would be the box itself, but I've lived in another flat with this same communal setup (different Sky+ box) where I had exactly the same problem.

Has anyone else encountered this? And am I stuck with it?

Cheers

2. fernandez

fernandez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
  3. Mr Snrub

Mr Snrub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Cheers, looks like I'm not the only one! Will give that a try.