Sky+ Wish List

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Norman, Oct 9, 2001.

1. Norman

Norman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +134
    Does anyone know where we can send “wish” features to that may be included in future software upgrades for Sky+?
    My personal wish is to be able to start viewing recordings where I want to rather than from the beginning (or from where you left off if you have already part viewed). I think you should be able to specify in minutes where viewing is to commence from.
    Does anyone else have any other Sky+ enhancements that could be implemented in future software release?

2. mart.stokes

mart.stokes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Norman, I think you have hit the nail on the head. "Long" programs (such as a recording of last weekend's 500cc motorcycle grand prix) are a bugger to navigate if you want to dip back in to see certain incidents. The odd half hour program can be navigated at 12X, although it is still a minor pain.

Other things on the wish list?

The ability for it to recognise that if you have watched a program "real time" then it can be marked as "viewed".

An option for it to delete the oldest programs without reference to "viewed" or "recorded" status (if I was that fussed I would mark something as "keep", I just blanket record anything I MIGHT be interested in).

It would be nice to plan longer ahead than 7 days.

It would be nice if all the channels could get their series-link options sorted.

It would be nice if it was easier to jump from a timeshifted recording to "real time". E.g. I sometimes start to watch a program 15 minutes after it has started (brilliant feature!) and, by fast forwarding past adverts etc., I sometimes "catch up" with real time and although the system goes into pause you may miss something in the few seconds it takes a thicko like me to realise what is happening and back out to "real time".

These are minor things though, apart from the obvious software bugs Sky haven't done a bad job.

I agree with Norman that there should be somewhere for suggestions to be lodged because of Sky's attitude that one of the reasons we are paying this £10 a month is to allow software development to continue. So we should have a say!

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Might be of some interest :)