• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

sky wiring help please

gooner1984

Standard Member
Hi, i have just moved into a place with a dish already installed and have got a box off my friend but i am unsure which wires go where in the back of the box, i have a black lead and a brown lead coming into the house.
Sorry i know i am a complete novice but any help would be appreciated,
Thanks

dwhite

Distinguished Member
Are the leads terminated with any connectors?

You are looking for this and this.

Most likely the f connector will be on the black lead.

Connect the f type (this is from the satelite) to the satelite in on the back of sky.

The other is probably your aerial lead, and can go direct to your tv.

gooner1984

Standard Member
Hi, i have 2 leads both with f connectors on 1 brown and 1 black which go to the dish and then a separate aerial lead. do i need both f connector leads or if just 1 which or does it not matter?
Cheers

echrada

Banned
What kind of box do you have - just a sky digi box or sky+ box?

For sky digi box you need only one feed, for sky plus you need two feeds.

gooner1984

Standard Member
I have a skydigibox but i know the people before me had sky+ that would explain why there is 2 feeds. does it matter which of these feeds i use?

gooner1984

Standard Member
Ok thanks thats great got 1 lead plugged in and its working.
I have got my sky subscription and just waiting for my viewing card to arrive but i am still using my sky box as freeview but i am not recieving ch4,5 and a few others and also the itv i am recieving is for the central region rather than anglia which i should have, will i get these channels once i enter the viewing card or is there something i need to do with the box?
thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom