Sky Wireless Router help

rogcov

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All thinking of leaving BT with home hub and getting Sky do you think this is a good move ? Apart from the price saving. I download a lot of torrent files do any of you good people have any problems with torrents if you use them?

Also does the Wireless Router have Ethernet connections as i use these more than the wireless side of the BT home hub.

Many thanks

Rog

hi,

its actually a netgear dg834g running Sky's own firmware.

works fine with torrents, crappy wireless reception though.

4 x ethernet ports --> built in switch.

gw

Hi All thinking of leaving BT with home hub and getting Sky do you think this is a good move ? Apart from the price saving. I download a lot of torrent files do any of you good people have any problems with torrents if you use them?

Also does the Wireless Router have Ethernet connections as i use these more than the wireless side of the BT home hub.

Many thanks

Rog
The LLU services base, mid & max are fine for torrents. The BT Wholesale based Connect service is traffic shaped. To what extent I'm not too sure.

hi,

its actually a netgear dg834g running Sky's own firmware.

works fine with torrents, crappy wireless reception though.

4 x ethernet ports --> built in switch.

gw

i've just moved to sky mid from nildram,i noticed a much faster speed than i ever got with nildram,my router is a sagem,the box says pack sagem f@st 2504 sky,not used it on wireless yet,i do quite a bit of downloading,but from newsgroup if can get the stuff instead of p2p

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom