Sky Wireless Connector dead?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by tintin_57, Aug 19, 2013.

1. tintin_57

tintin_57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi, my sky wireless connector has worked fine for just under a year now until yesterday. I have changed my wireless router so I went into Services-Settings-Network to pick up the new router and enter the security key.
    The list of available networks appeared briefly the disappeared. Now the wireless light is off on the front of the connector and in the menu it seems to be searching for a local wired network connection rather than wireless.
    I went through all the setup steps again several times and even changed the Ethernet cable between the HD box and the connector and still no joy. Have also tried the reset on the back of the connector.
    Has anyone else had similar problems? I'm not able to connect the HD box directly to the router and I'm already missing my on demand service.
    Is the connector faulty? Would sky replace it?

Thanks

2. aurichie

aurichie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I'm guessing your new wireless router is using a wifi channel or standard that the Sky wireless connector cannot see. In my experience Sky routers are the best in the business so you should stick to those.

3. Smurkenstein

Smurkenstein

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I don't actually have one of these wireless connectors, although I am expecting sky to deliver one soon (I have been waiting nearly 2 months :facepalm:).

But I could suggest trying to set up an ad hoc network (perhaps using a laptop?) to see if the wireless connector (I am guessing it is actually a wireless bridge) can see any network at all (reading your post, it looks like they all disappeared?).

Failing that, you should still be able to plug in your old sky router (should be no need to connect to the internet) and see if the wireless connector can detect and recognise it.

If the connector consistently can't see any network the issue lies with the connector.