Sky Widescreen Video

N

ns06

I was just thinking there about widescreen (16:9) tv shows you can download of the net.

Take for instance Stargate. I downloaded Stargate Atlantis and i can see whoever recorded it got it from Sky One (you can see the "Sky One" logo up on the top left of the screen).

My question is, how did they get it onto their pc in a widescreen format? I can tell it's widescreen as the aspect ratio doesn't look strectched as it normally does when you manually change it from 4:3 => 16:9.

I know my Theatre 500 Pro TV Tuner is unable to record in widescreen even though the sky box is outputting in widescreen, so i can't se how it's done!

Any ideas??

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
Any decent software will do that, such as Tmpge.
You download the file and then convert it.
No doubt there are other ways.

N

ns06

I've tried doing that with TMpeg DVD Author Pro but it still looks stretched.

I read before in this forum that there's no way to transfer the video saved within a Sky + box to your pc or other device.

Is there any other way to record the feed from a Sky box in 16:9 format? Maybe a dvd recorder?

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
You don't use DVD author, it's the basic programme, you need.
Yep probably recorded, then stuck on the comp and then TMPGE plus 2.5 is what I used to use. Haven't bothered with it for ages though.

Kevo

ns06 said:
i've tried doing that with TMpeg DVD Author Pro but it still looks stretched.

I read before in this forum that there's no way to transfer the video saved within a Sky + box to your pc or other device.

Is there any other way to record the feed from a Sky box in 16:9 format? Maybe a dvd recorder?
There's no great mystery here. I have recorded several WS (16:9) stuff from sky to PC and then to DVD.
The way I do it is from Sky to Pan DVD Recorder (DVD RAM disk) and then copy this onto PC, author with TMPG, add theh crucial 'WS flag' (as Pan recorder removes it!) with pgcedit and then finally copy to DVD-R. TMPG is just for importing and authoring, it doesn't matter if it's ws or 4:3.