sky+ what a joke (or am i being unreasonable)

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by mr ooops, Jun 27, 2004.

1. mr ooops

mr ooops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +349
    Ordered sky+ on thursday pm (approx 9oclock) total 199.99 for sky+/minidish and extra top box, instal arranged for 17th july

now the problem 1 day later they change offer to 149.99 for the exact package ive ordered, so i phoned customer services to hopefully get a refund of 50, yeah right, was told basicaly what do i want them to do offers change all the time..............

in 7 years ive been happy with telewest, wanted to go to sky for sky+, in 2 days with sky im well unhappy, so told em to stick it and im staying with telewest.

what do u guys think am i being unreasonable expecting a refund?

cheers
    jason

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    If you have cancelled your order and presumably had your money returned why don't you now apply again at the cheaper rates.

3. sidicks

sidicks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,302
    I can understand your frustrations, but if the price had increased by £50, would you have been happy to pick up the extra cost?

At the end of the day, you were happy paying £199 for that particular package. The fact that someone else can now get purchase the package for less than this price is dissapointing, but yo are no better or no worse off than if the package price ws unchanged.

Maybe you can push to get a partial refund - say £25 ?

Sidicks

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975

Yes:)
    You placed an order and agreed a date and were happy with the situation.
    Now the price went down as do all consumers electronics and you were just very unlucky with the timing, it happens and SKY do launch various promo offers and there has to be a time limit on them just for practical reasons.

As Ian J mentions you could have cancelled and got a refund on any payments taken and then re-ordered a few days later at the lower price.

If you are indeed a happy TW customer then why switch platforms, SKY+ is a nice bit of kit but it hasn't been without it's teething problems and there is always a used TIVO or HD/DVD recorder if you fancy HD recording.