Sky+ weird sound and picture problem...

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by robyoung, Jul 6, 2005.

1. robyoung

robyoung

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Hi guys,

Wonder if you can help and if anyone has had similiar problems. Had my Sky+ box for a while, i think it is the Pace V2 and all has been fine, until recently. :(

Basically when watching a recorded programme every few minutes or so the picture will jump a few seconds forward, meaning the sound is out of sync and then a minute later the sound will flick on and off and cath up with the picture!!?? This will happen throughout the programme. :mad:

This is really frustrating and annoying as you end up getting very distracted and missing a few seconds of dialogue every few minutes! Anyone else had similiar problems? any idea whats causingit, when watching sky it is fine, just when playing back a recorded programme!

Any ideas on how to fix it, if not i will be forced to ring sky...! :suicide:

Rob

2. robyoung

robyoung

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Anyone????

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Turn the box off at the wall and swap over the two LNB cables.

If you then get the problems on live viewing and the recordings are fine then it could be a tuner/lnb issue (making allowances for the SKY+ ability to use both tuners/lnbs for recording etc when required).
    If the problem remains then it could be a hard drive issue.

Not hugely insightful but one the steps you should take before calling SKY:)

4. robyoung

robyoung

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    :smashin: Cheers!

I will try that when i get home tonight. I looked at the system test yesterday and noticed the signal strength for both LNBs are slightly less than half, now God knows how long theyve been like that but i'm sure they used to be a lot higher.

Strangely enough the signal strength for my 2nd STB upstairs is practically 100%!! :confused:

Rob