1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky + Warranty

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by thejudge, Sep 27, 2005.

1. thejudge

thejudge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried to book an engineer call for my sky + box today due to very low signal strength and horizontal flickering problems. Was told by technical helpline that my warranty ran out on the 26th Sept 2005. I checked my paper work which said it was installed on the 29th Sept 2004, so i rang them back! I was told that the original installation date of the 26th Sept 2004 was the valid warranty date.

Sky cancelled the original installation due to the engineer calling in sick! I'm now waiting for a manager to call me back as i'm not a happy bunny!!!!!

Anyone else had this problem with them? :mad:

PLEASE DELETE DUPLICATE POST SORRY!

2. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    if i remember correctly they charge you from the day its actually installed and the card/account is activated, therefore i would imagine contractually they are bound to that date, not a date beforehand when the engineer called in sick........if the want to work on that principle they should state you are contracted from the moment you call in and place the order, not when its installed to save confusion......

make sure you get to that manager, and if she/he tried to fob you off tell them you will report it to the trading standards council as a breach of contract as well as various watchdog TV program/forums.....even if the contract is in their favour, it takes up more time and money for them to deal with the watchdog and trading standards council than is worthwhile compared to the cost of an engineer....