1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ vs DVD Dard Disk Recorder

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Tosh McCaber, Dec 25, 2004.

1. Tosh McCaber

Tosh McCaber
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had been considering purchasing a Panasonic DMR-85 hard disk DVD recorder to hook up to my television. Mainly to record and view later off the hard disk, but with the capability if putting some stuff onto DVD, both from recorded TV programmes, and, perhaps from camcorder.

Today, I was given a Christmas present of a Sky+ box- (I already subscribe to the full Sky programmes). I could return the Sky+ box to Argos, from where it was purchased, and put the money to buy the Panasonic, or go ahead and install and use the Sky+ box. Or buy the Panasonic, and keep the Sky+ box?

Would anybody like to enlighten me with their own experiences?

Thanks in advance.

2. bru

bru
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if you use sky already and you like the way it works....then sky+ just makes things better......it will change the way you watch tv.

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    That's right, it will. If I was forced to return either my Sky+ box or my DVD recorder, I'm afraid the DVD recorder would go :)

4. Tosh McCaber

Tosh McCaber
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The thing is, the Panasonic has a hard drive and time slip, and also the capabality of recording to DVD disk. Is there any point in having both DVD recorder, and Sky+?

5. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Useful for archiving recordings from Sky+ to DVD. Also handy if you've a DV camcorder. Apart from that.......

Personally, happy with just Sky+ (with upgraded HDD), at least until DVD/HDD recorders drop significantly in price.

:smoke: