Sky volumes

Foxy1305

Novice Member
Reaction score
i have a Sony kdl50w829 connected to a sky+ box and Sony bdvn7200w sound system.
I have noticed that when setting the tv (sound system) volume to say 40 the sound volume is greater on some channels than others. This is most extreme between bbc1 sd and bbc1 had (much louder).
How can this be?
At the moment I have to keep making adjustments to the volume when channels are changed sd to hd and again for sky movies etc. Playing dvds direct though the sound system have a much greater volume, but I am assuming as this is 'direct sound' there will be a difference.

There is a wide difference in volume from channel to channel.

Welcome to Sky.
With SkyQ the volume difference is ridiculous. On SkyHD it was noticeable but not a huge difference.

Now if you are watching a HD channel at the correct volume, then change to an SD channel you have to quickly grab the remote and turn the sound down before your ears blow up.

I don't know that it's special to Q but its quite true about the SD and HD versions of BBC1.

Not sure how it can be different on Q to Sky+HD, given that both are using the same source signal.

Not sure how it can be different on Q to Sky+HD, given that both are using the same source signal.

I'm using surround sound and the difference between the sound levels on SkyHD and SkyQ is very noticeable.

It's about the machines, not the source signal.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom