Sky VIP

Whitley Lad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever actually 'won' or claimed anything?

No.

Entered a lot at beginning, but never won and have given up now.

Somebody mentioned in the main VIP thread that they had got some tickets for something, can't remember whether it was football, rugby or cricket though

I got tickets for the cricket but then couldn't go so gave them up to allow someone else to have a chance.

No

You didn't - they're Sky's property.

I skipped a phone queue with my Black VIP status and they replaced my terrrble Q remote with the new less-jittery version FOC. But, as @logiciel says, it’s all Sky’s kit anyway!

I have just been offered a free movie and DVD in the post. I realise I don’t own it and I’m sure they will be round to collect it at some point, but not a bad result. Also entered the competition for the Oscars in 2019[emoji3]

Entered pretty much every comp going since VIP came out. Not won a thing. If it works anything like radio phone in competitions, then the prizes all go to mates of the PR company running it, so it's likely entirely pointless entering.

Even if the winner was a Sky punter, the odds against winning would be huge anyway. Just a bit of fun hence the smiley.

I got tickets in a ballot for a live screening of a play at my local cinema, only problem was I got the email only a few hours before the screening so not much use.

I skipped a phone queue with my Black VIP status and they replaced my terrrble Q remote with the new less-jittery version FOC. But, as @logiciel says, it’s all Sky’s kit anyway!

What new less jittery one?

What new less jittery one?
The new remote's pause/rewind/ff and play area can be set to non-touch making it less of a pain when you brush it with your hand or it moves on the sofa and starts rewinding!

The new remote's pause/rewind/ff and play area can be set to non-touch making it less of a pain when you brush it with your hand or it moves on the sofa and starts rewinding!
How do you set it up this way?
And what is it called as I am going to contact Sky about getting one of these.

My original Q touch remote stopped working. I called them to ask what could be done and I wasn't aware that there was a 'Version 2' of the remote. I suppose if you call Sky and tell them that your Q touch-remote has stopped working then, as this Q stuff belongs to them, it should be in their gift to send you a replacement remote which, I presume will be the newer version. If you search t'web for Sky Q touch remote new version you'll see.

Free movie/DVD, free Sky Go Extra and then free instalation for my current Sky Q setup.

Diamond VIP here.

Ordered a version 2 remote FOC through VIP app chat. Despatched this afternoon.

VIP Black status here, not entered any competitions but got the free buy & keep offered, also nice to see Sky do something to make existing customers feel valued.

:D

'buy and keep'?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom