1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky viewing card queery

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by STOWITBELOW, Feb 29, 2004.

1. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    My father in laws sacked Sky & given me the box to sell on Ebay. My question is what will his viewing card do now? He did have the full package (obviously won't work I assume). I'm curious if it'll now work for FTV channels like ITV, or it's now useless. I understand they are tied to a box, so I can't test it in my +, & thought I'd ask here before messing about with his box/my dish etc..

2. FarmDriver

FarmDriver
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cancelled our second Sky subscription card a few weeks ago as we did not use it very much. Sky channels went same day but we still get all non-subscription channels. Don't know if the cards work in different boxes but I read on another thread that they are only tied for subcription channels.

3. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    When you say non subscription channels, does that mean you get channel4, Itv etc? Is now a valuable FTV card?

4. FarmDriver

FarmDriver
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    When we cancelled the subscription the lady at Sky told us we would still get 115 channels. These include ITV1, Ch4 and Ch5. Apart from the free BBC channels you also get a few music channels, some news channels and far too many shopping channels.

5. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Cheers, thats what I was wondering. Box & ftv card will be a lot more valuable. I'll test it before I sell though.

6. FarmDriver

FarmDriver
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Have just lost ITV, Ch4 & Ch5 on the box we cancelled the subscription for Sky on. Anyone else had the same problem? Guess I will need to speak to Sky again!

7. FarmDriver

FarmDriver
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Three reboots later and all free to air channels are now back. Looks like latest updates are upsetting lots of digiboxs.

8. RooneysBoots

RooneysBoots

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it still working? Which freeview channels are you actually getting? Does it include ITV2 and Sky sports news?

9. FarmDriver

FarmDriver
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Converted card seems to be working O.K for free to view now. Get all the B.B.C channels as well as ITV , CH4 & CH5. Also get some music and shopping channels to give a total of over 115 channels, most of which you will not want to watch. You do not get "partner" channels such as ITV2 or E4. There are only a few minor sports channels such as Extreme Sports and the Wrestling Channel. You also get access to most of the new digital radio stations as well as the digital version of many analogue stations.