1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ / View 2 channels at the same time

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by JonStatt, Jan 11, 2005.

1. JonStatt

JonStatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +446
    I can't find this with a search so apologies if I am repeating. From what I understand of Sky+ you can

Watch one channel / Record 1 other
    Play a recording / Record 2 others

But what I would really like is the ability to play out 2 different channels or recordings at the same time. i.e a different channel out of each SCART socket so that you can have a different channel piped to a different room without another box/subscription.

Also, a PAP/PIP type option would be great too!

Anyone know if this is on the cards for Sky+ in the future?

Jonathan

2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Current boxes only have one decoder so only one output at a time is possible.

I don't have a crystal ball but I think it highly unlikey that they will ever produce one of these boxes They are in the business to make money and they couldn't justify the development costs against the potential sales. It would cost a lot more than the current box and would require its own operating system.

Dave

3. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,619
    iirc the second scart only outputs a composite signal :thumbsdow . I don't use it , so can't be sure .
    I suppose you could hook the vcr up to another tv and use the copy option to watch it ? Don't know if that would wipe it off the planner tho
    atb
    JS