1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky video sender newbie prob

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by sudderz, Jan 14, 2005.

1. sudderz

sudderz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    undefinedHi all am new to this so bare with me i want to move my tv in my main room elsewhere in the room so my question is can i use a video sender to leave the sky decoder where it is now and move the tv where i like,or does the video sender have to be plugged in to a tv to transmit to another tv or will it just work off the digi box itself.? Thanks for any help.!

2. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    You usually have a transmitter and a receiver. The transmitter has to be plugged in and would go via a piggy back connection to your tv out on your Sky box. The receiver has to be plugged in and connected to a scart on the tv.

I have the AEI digisender system myself and think it is very good. However, it is mainly used on a night when no one is walking around, if you are using it for general use you will find they suffer from interference from people walking around or from appliances like microwaves.

It would be simpler for you just to run a coax cable between the two, though you would have to suffer a composite video, non stereo, non rgb picture this way.

3. midiman

midiman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use a video sender and find that the picture suffers from interference from other wireless devices. Even when they are turned off I'm not completly happy with it. Tend to find things like ghosting on menus and imiges with horizontal straight lines. The Audio is quite good though and I did see a thread somewhere about modifying a pinout on a scart so that you can use the RF for the Video and the sender for the Audio.

4. sudderz

sudderz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help guys so i can go ahead and do this right.?