1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky + Version 1 vs Version 2

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Dre, Jan 4, 2004.

1. Dre

Dre
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I know they are different in terms of design...but does anyone have any definitive reasoning behind choosing one or the other?

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    The version 2 box seems to be more tolerant of 7200rpm hard drives if you are thinking of upgrading.
    Unitil the last update which solved the DD problem the version1 box seemed less effected but that was a OS problem so could hit any version of the box at anytime.

If asthetics are not an issue then as long as you have a warranty with a SKY+ then I don't think you need to worry too much.
    I have the version 1 box, no significant problems over the last two year and there is certainly no need to replace it with a version 2 box just for the sake of it.
    If I had to buy another box then given the choice with the same warranty I could very well choose a v1 again based purely on personal experience.

3. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I have V2 & am on my 2nd box (1st faulty) Reading these post people dont seem bothered one way or the other. I dont believe either offers specific advantages (apart from the upgrade issue). Both seem sensetive' on occasion. I would say + is a worthwhile purchase whichever box you go for - if you're used to Skys subscriptions. If you read the Sky for £99 thread its probably a v1 box, if you can get it, or you could be my friend for the v2 £200 deal! If you buy new from Sky you'll get a v2 & 12 months warranty rather than a 2nd hand v1.I think for many the asthetics are important, I do think my V2 looks good though!