Sky+ VCR Scart

troymcclure

Standard Member
Can someone tell me why the Sky+ VCR scart does not switch aspect ratios (just tried it). I was hoping to connect the plasma aspect ratio controller using this scart so as not to insert yet another (Quattro, RGB2YUV, iScan) component into the signal path.

troy

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
Probably because its designed to connect to a VCR not a display ?

Why not modify a scart lead and run just the pin 8 and earth connection to your ratio controller ?

troymcclure

Standard Member
Can you elaborate on your second sentence. Doesn't the fact that the VCR scart does not switch aspect ratios mean that it isn't sending anything on pin 8?

Thanks,

troy

NonPayingMember

Previously Liam @ Prog AV
Hi i'm Liam McLaughlin - you may know me from such threads as "where did all my pixels go?" and "Alice through the Plasma Glass!"...

[couldn't resist]

Anyway, I reckon you should stick the controller between Quintro+ and RGB2YUV since all sources running through the Quintro+ will benefit from the correct aspect ratio. Also consider (if relevant) running a composite video link from TV1 output to the plasma directly for any VCRs etc running through the switcher.

And asides from Homer and Professor Frink, Troy McClure is probably the funniest character on the Simpsons :D Oh... and Krusty the Klown :clown:

troymcclure

Standard Member
But I have the Quattro not the Quintro. The Quattro doesn't pass through the widescreen signal.

By the way Liam, if you haven't worked it out already, "you may remember me from such questions as "A11 or 2900 and how much is that Lazy-Boy".

troy

NonPayingMember

Previously Liam @ Prog AV
Ah, that would be me stumped then!!! Fancy buying a Quintro???

MAW

Banned
A good suggestion that 'extract the pin 8 wire' idea. That's your only way fwd with your setup, and it won't affect the signal at all.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom