Sky+ V1 Crashing / Powering Off

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by MonkeyBoy, Jul 7, 2004.

1. MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I came home from work yesterday and my sky box had turned its self into standby (I never use standby normally) but when I tried to turn it on it would not respond to the remote or the buttons on the front.

The only way I could get the box to start up was to unplug it, it then seemed to work ok for a bit.

Then later on in the evening I was watching a recorded program and the box just froze with not picture break-up at all, it just stopped dead and then it would not respond to the remote or the buttons on the front again.

After a reboot to was ok and the all the programs seem to be fine, this happen one more time about 30 mins later but after that I have not had any problems :confused:

Did anyone have a similar problem as I have never had this type of fault before ? (I think I have had every other problem at one time or another)

Steve

2. nam

nam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi- Yes I have also been having this problem -but only when it rains.
    I had a new box fitted but still have the same problem. I've got the engineer coming again this Saturday to look at the cables etc. Hopefully that should fix it. The bloke on the phone (an ex-engineer) seemed to know what he was talking about and said this can happen as the damp is causing a short in the cable.

Fingers crossed.