1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ -v- DD sound problem

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Astaroth, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Every time I have gone to Sky movies 1-3 tonight there has been no sound coming from my system (sky + via optical to AVR2805) - all the films that have been showing are in DD but there hasnt been any sound from the previews between the films either.

If I go into the menu and change the optical to stereo then I am getting sound. According to the AVR it is getting no signal - have checked the AVR on another source (dvd via co-ax) and it is receiving DD fine from there.

Anyone else having problems or know whats wrong here?

Cheers

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Tried unplugging it over night but it is still not working this morning.... anyone any ideas or is the box :censored:

3. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Ok, after 30 minutes waiting to get through to sky they say it is a known software issue and a fit will be out "shortly" - nice to see they are profiteering off know problems they have.

4. davej

davej
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They always say that. They said the same to me about six months ago when I had the same problem with my avr3802.
    It was actually caused by my inadvertently pressing the "Mode" button on the receiver's remote so it wasn't automatically detecting the change in the signal down the optical cable.