Sky+, using the second feed for another monitor in another room?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Flip., Mar 16, 2006.

1. Flip.

Flip.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This may of been asked before, i have just checked a few threads and couldn't find anything on it.

Does anyone know if i can use the other feed to my sky+ box (the one that will record whilst watching something else) to run through to another monitor in another room, so that i can watch two independent channels at the same time? Surely??!!

Otherwise do i need another box to take the other feed from the dish? And presumably another card?

Any help would be most appreciated.

2. mh123

mh123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Unfortunately, option 2.

If you have Sky+ you will 99.9% likely have 4 sockets available on your lnb (dish), 2 of which are in use for Sky+ and 2 of which are spare.

What you now need to do is buy or acquire another Sky or Sky+ box (from Sky themselves, eBay or a local dealer), cable it up to the spare port(s) on the dish, and then either:

a) Get hold of a Freesat card (£20? 1-off charge) from Sky, which will allow you to get the 'free-to-air' channels on your second sky box, or

b) Get a "Multiroom" subscription from Sky (£10 per month) which will mirror your existing package on the second box.

Personally I'd have a long hard think about what I wanted to do with the second box and probably buy a £30 freeview box instead! :D