1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ user questions.

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by logiclee, Oct 1, 2003.

1. logiclee

logiclee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Hi All,

I'm ordering Sky+ this week and have a few questions that I can't seem to find answers on.

Currently I have a bedroom TV on RF2 of my sky box using the skylink remote extender. Does the Sky+ box support the same feature and can you control all record/playback functions remotely with the correct remote?

The sky+ box has two tuners so you can record one channel and watch another and soon the ability to tape two channels but is it possible to output one channel on RF and one via scart?

Whats Sky's position on upgrading the Hard Drive?

And finaly
    How many movies are broadcast in 5.1?

Cheers
    Lee

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    The TVlink style devices are supported by SKY+ and with the correct remote will allow you to control all the SKY+ features from another room.

Two tuners but only one decoder, all the video outputs on SKY+ show the same channel.

SKY do not offer any HD upgrade path and if the box is opened within the first 12 months by the user the warranty is void.
    However the procedure is simple (with the right tool) and there are no security seals to be broken.

Couldn't say how many movies but three of the movie channels have the capability of supplying a DD5.1 soundtrack.