1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SKY+ Upgrades coming soon to a box near you.

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by krismcewan, Jun 22, 2004.

1. krismcewan

krismcewan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have it on good authority from one of my inlaws that works for sky techie support in Livingston that sky are planning a series of Hard disk upgrades for existing users.

He said that there will be an offer of a FREE 40gb addon box. How free that will be i dont know knowing sky it will be free with a £50 installation charge.

Other upgrades will cost but they aparently add another 120gb onto the existing box. I presume this is to stop people upgrading the machines them selves.

He also said that they are planning to dish out interactive cards. What these card will do i have no idea neither did he.

He also mentioned that Sky are working on a new handset that is customiseable and can work AV equipment as well as TV and Sky. I hope they make it LCD based like a pronto.

Has anyone else heard anything similar.

Kris

2. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi
    do you think sky will install hardware to cure lip sinc problems with plasma tv.
    Some dvd players have audio delay so if sky had it you would be able to use any av amp,I really dont want to swap my harman kardon avr 8500 just to get a receiver with this feature when i buy a plasma screen.
    Cheers Gonzo.
    Ps there must be quite a few sky plasma customers who are having to put up with lip sync probs because there receiver doesnt have the facility to cure it. :rolleyes:

3. LDJ

LDJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Knowing sky I would say the chances of those happening are less than zero!

4. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,614
    My + remote currently works my plasma (on/off) volume on my amp and the +box itself , I would imagine it would be a rebranded oneforall affair

5. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Kris,

That is good news indeed. I am always having to cancel programmes I want to watch from my Sky+Planner because something more interesting has to be recorded. I have e-mailed your info to my son too, he has the same problem of recording too many films and these eat up the recording capacity.

Hope we won't have to wait too long for this. Thanks again.

Cynthia

6. krismcewan

krismcewan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

I bought a panasonic DVD recorder becasue I had that problem, I dump films over night to DVD or DVD Ram. I can either keep them on DVD or wipe them on DVD-RAm

7. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Kris,

I do download some programmes onto my Panasonic V.C.R. and I have a pile of tapes waiting to be viewed. Somehow I lose interest in watching video tapes anymore, Sky+ has spoilt me for that.

I am hoping to get a DVD recorder sometime, it is certainly the best option. A DVD player would be a waste for me as I would only buy a DVD rarely. Have a good weekend.

Cynthia