Sky + Upgrade

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by John_sg0107, Aug 22, 2003.

1. John_sg0107

John_sg0107
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been a subscriber to Sky + since it was first launched and I am very happy with my system and so far have never had any problems.

I read recently that there is going to be a new system due out later this year. I was thinking of upgrading to the new system and selling my current one but I would like to know if it's possible for me to buy the new system when it's released and have it installed by an independent installer rather than pay a fortune for sky to come out and install it ?.

Also if I purchase a new system could I use the card I am using now on this new system or would I have to get in touch with sky for a new card ?.

:confused:

Cheers
    John

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    There may be some new hardware later this year, so far it's unconfirmed rumours:)
    Amstrad could very well release their version of SKY+ but basic functions will be identical to the PACE units (Thats the way SKY wants it) although there may be some variation in outputs and who knows maybe HD size.

If a new box is released then SKY would probably get virtually all the stock for it's own marketing, this happended with the version2 PACE box. However if a retailer could get hold of one the LNB requirments are likely to be the same as a normal SKY+ unit so it would be a straight swap with a call to SKY to marry the existing card to the new box.

3. John_sg0107

John_sg0107
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that !.