Sky+ upgrade: is there a cheaper way?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by crackles, Mar 18, 2006.

1. crackles

crackles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,
    I'm in a dilema! I quite fancy upgrading my standard sky to sky+ but it seems this is going to cost £200 for the box and £60 instalation. Is there a cheaper way?! (I don't want multiroom!) For that money I could almost buy a reasonable DVD recorder in place of my standard DVD player. My budget does not stretch to doing both right now, what should I do?!
    Appreciate you thoughts,
    Crackles :)

2. jason44mag

jason44mag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
  3. jat1964

jat1964
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try for the £65.00 upgrade..... there is a long thread about this on this site..... i got this with no multiroom...best 65quid i have spent in awhile

Cheerz

jat1964:clap:

4. crackles

crackles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that guys, what a good idea!
    Thing is, what happens if they say "no problem sir, your sky is cancelled". I will be in the doghouse with the wife! Having said that, I guess even in that instance I would no longer be a customer. So could I then re-subscribe as a new customer?!?! I wonder if there is any small print to prevent this option? What do you think?
    Cheers,
    Crackles:)

5. jason44mag

jason44mag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Crackles

There is no way they will let you cancel, although when you first ring them they will say ok to cancelling but then they will pass you onto cancelations department who will offer you the deals, this is where i mentioned you should keep your nerve.

Remember you are the customer & they want your cash !! :smashin:

6. crackles

crackles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys! Thanks for the good advice. After spending 30minutes on hold to Sky, exactly as you suggested just happened. Why do you want to cancel sir? Could I interest you in Sky+160 for a one off £65? Awwww, go on then, twist my arm :)
    All being well, this is to be installed on Thursday next week.
    I guess they are having the last laugh though with their astronomical subscription charges!!! :eek:
    As an aside, you may be interested in knowing that they are apparently going to do away with their Indian call centre due to inadequate service/inaccurate information.
    Thanks for your help!
    Crackles