Sky+ upgrade help

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by skips, Sep 23, 2005.

1. skips

skips

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,
    i've been looking thru the posts here about everything Sky+

I have the old family pack ( i think - all the channels, just no prem - used to be around £16, then went up to £19.50 - and now is £21!) these price changes have never been mentioned to me, and they have just started taking out the money!

Anyway! i am thinking of upgrading to + but am wondering if a)is it worth it with all the problems the software update seems to be causing - and b) what would be the best deal - i see the on the website existing customers can get sky+ for £199 plus £60 fitting, which seems a little steep to me, also will i get the amstrad or pace v3?

any help and advise hugely appreciated.

thanks - skips

2. SmokeyBubbles

SmokeyBubbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi Skips,

Just thought I would let you know that I upgraded to Sky + the other day and got same response - at first

The trick is to phone 0870 548 8485 (complaints department) and state that you are unhappy with the way you have been treated with regards to Sky + and you want to cancel!

They will ask why and I explained that I had a friend that upgraded to a new box for £65 with free installation and you are unhappy that you are meant to be a valued customer but are being charged to much (also explain that you only have one TV in the house so multiroom is not an option).

NOTE: They will probably still try to fob you off that they have never heard of this and that the offer is not available however persevere and state that because you are so unhappy you wish still to cancel right now.

It is only now that they will ask to put you on hold and come back confirming they can match the offer

It is worth mentioning that you will either have to pay £10 extra a month on your subscription as you do not have a premium package or upgrade to a premium package.

I will also mention that since then Sky have twice messed up the delivery times and they would also not promise which box you will receive - just make sure it is a new box as promised and not a demostration model.

Personally I would ask the engineer for a Pace PVR3.

Give it a go