Sky + upgrade and contract

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by avonvilla, Apr 14, 2004.

Tags:
  1. avonvilla

avonvilla
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have normal Sky and desperatley want Sky + but i may and i must stress MAY be moving so what happens if i move and what is the contract period ?

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    There is a minimum 12 month term for SKY+.
    If you move SKY offer a relocation service for £40 and includes a new dish, there may be an additional fee if you want more than one digibox connection or require two feeds for SKY+.
    Subscription contracts of course are carried over so you won't face any penalty :)

Depending upon the timescale it might be worth waiting until you move then take advantage of a loop hole that allows you to sign up in your partners name and get a deal only open to new subscribers.

3. avonvilla

avonvilla
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for that, so if i move and cancel my sky subscription before i go then take out a new subscription that will be a new contract and be open to the deals ? even if it is in my name ?

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    No.
    As a general rule SKY will have your name/details already in it's records and therefore you won't be allowed to have a second subsidised installation or take advantage of an offer only open to new subscribers.