1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sky up grading

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by scruffpot, Oct 12, 2005.

1. scruffpot

scruffpot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a tv (a new samsung) and have recently moved into a flat, however due to some unkown reason I have no digital box, be it sky or freeview, however there is a satelite dish on the front of the house.
    I have just connected the tv to tv junction in the wall and when tuning the tv I seem to be able to pick up the usual 5 uk channels, however I get sky one, sky news and news 24. however scanning for some more channels just incase I get a few more sky sport, uk drama, geographic, film 4 etc but I cant seem to tune into them properly, even using fine tuning is there anyway I can do this, for free? maybe picking up on old sky box? I have to admit I presume this is completely illegal, but tis not my fault I seem to get a few free sky channels on my tv without a box.
    I dont know where the cable from my tv to the ariel runs, it gets a bit complicated in the roof following cables.
    any help would be appreciated.