Sky UHD Listings

swall101

Hi

Is there anywhere that lists Sky Sports UHD coverage. I’ve googled and can’t find anything. Reason for asking is I normally only find out when you tune into something and it pops up saying press select for UHD. Trouble is I’ve had it twice in the last 6 months where I know it will be broadcast in UHD eg. Premiership but it didn’t give me the option. Rang Sky, they say sometimes it happens, reset my signal and all good again.

Reason for asking is I’m not getting option for either the England v India Test match or Lions v South Africa rugby. Now this might be the case that only HD but can’t find anywhere to check. If not then at least I’ll know whether to give Sky a call to reset UHD signal.

Thanks in advance…..

jotty

Sky had no UHD sports yesterday and to be honest their entire offerings across all channels is pretty poor at the moment as they are now repeating repeats as “classics”

rs101

Sky had no UHD sports yesterday and to be honest their entire offerings across all channels is pretty poor at the moment as they are now repeating repeats as “classics”
One of the UHD transponders is being used by Eurosport for the Olympics coverage.

trevdigital

Sky have access to two UHD transponders. One has been given to Eurosport for the duration of the Olympics and is HDR/DD+/Atmos capable. The other UHD channel was only UHD/SDR/DD. Apparently they have withdrawn this one to upgrade it to allow HDR/DD+/Atmos and is being tested internally ready for the PL season next week.

swall101

Thanks for the replies all. If I hadn’t of experienced the issues with the UHD signal having to be reset I would just rely on the option being available when you tune in. Save a phone call to Sky.

Would be so much easier if they had dedicated UHD channels like they do for HD/SD. Guessing it is a cost thing.

rs101

Cost would be negligible - the issue is more around the current EPG allocation policy doesn't allow for anyone to have an UHD channel.
Revising that isn't a quick thing as Ofcom oversee it...

But you should just be able to voice search for UHD sport to see everything?

swall101

But you should just be able to voice search for UHD sport to see everything?
Thanks… didn’t realise that. I’ll give it a go.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom