Question Sky UHD into a different room from main Sky box

stu74

Established Member
Reaction score
I was looking for some advice - I have a room on the ground floor of my house that houses my sky q 2TB box and feeds a projector the 4K signal. In the middle floor I have a mini box which obviously doesn't output a 4k signal just HD. My question is - Is there any way of sending the 4K signal from the sky box on the ground floor to a 4k TV on the middle floor? If so what would be involved?

thanks in advance

I think it could be possible to have the HDMI out of sky into a HDMI over ethernet connector. Ethernet to the room, then the other HDMI ethernet connector wiith a HDMI cable to the other device. It would play the same content though and you'd need good ethernet cables and HDMI cables.

I'm not sure on the exact product, but https://www.amazon.co.uk/Extender-E...thernet+4k&qid=1573687504&s=computers&sr=1-10 might work.

If not I'm sure there's going to be a device which allows sky HDMI > Box > HDMI to original sky box + cable work to the other room

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
What distances are involved? I’m running a 4K HDMI switch from my AVR so I get all of my content in 4K in my extension which was a 40m HDMI run.
As above - you could consider HDMI over Ethernet?

thanks for the replies!

40m - that’s a long distance, what HDMI lead are you using - are you going through doors etc, how are you managing that ?

@thepilot what 4k HDMI switch do you use?

thanks for the replies!

40m - that’s a long distance, what HDMI lead are you using - are you going through doors etc, how are you managing that ?

We ran the cabling in during our extension build so it’s up in trunking in the joists. Made it a lot easier than having to run it up door frames and blasting big holes through walls.

It’s a FibreX 340 I think - it was eye wateriingly expensive but in the future I expect the TV at the far end of it to have Dolby Vision and require 12bit which ruled out at the time HDMI over CatX.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom