samhain

I’ve had Sky Q for sometime and have the latest 2tb box with HdR. I have the Sony A90J.

When selecting 301 and upwards movies they are always presented in HD (non HDR) and only if I press the select button then the movies downloads to the hard disc and when I replay it, it’s in UHD and HDR.

Why does it not go straight to UHD HDR when I select the channel.

When I watch sky sports and F1 the UHD option is there but I don’t need to download anything just movies.

Thabks

MarkNorton1

I’ve had Sky Q for sometime and have the latest 2tb box with HdR. I have the Sony A90J.

When selecting 301 and upwards movies they are always presented in HD (non HDR) and only if I press the select button then the movies downloads to the hard disc and when I replay it, it’s in UHD and HDR.

Why does it not go straight to UHD HDR when I select the channel.

When I watch sky sports and F1 the UHD option is there but I don’t need to download anything just movies.

Thabks
I don’t have a HDR box as on a V1 but I think what your describing is when you select a movie Chanel it’s only in HD not UHD, this is because Sky movies don’t transmit in UHD to the best of my knowledge so the only way to get the UHD version and subsequently HDR is to download it. Some sports etc are broadcast in UHD but so far as I know movies arnt at this time.

samhain

That’s what I thought mate but I could T find the answer anywhere

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom