Sky TVs

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Hazy Davy, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Hazy Davy

Hazy Davy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A bunch of (new?) sky plasmas and LCDs are showing on the Skybuy website. http://skybuy.sky.com/

They look good, anybody bought one?

Hazy.

2. dj_johnnyg

dj_johnnyg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just had Sky+ installed this weekend.

Saw the Sky Electronics in the Sky Magazine, so asked the installer who made the kit.

He wasn't 100% sure, but thought it was Hyundai.

Hyundai also make Techwood screens (a make the monkey in Curry's was pushing me to buy after I told him I wanted a Plasma with Seperate Tuner box - going for Pio 435 instead), which I looked at, and the image quality was poor to say the least.

Personally I would spend a bit more, and get a screen made by a more well known electronics company, (Panasonic, Toshiba, Hitachi, Pioneer...etc) I think you may regret not spending a bit more on a better performing screen, just to save a couple of hundred quid.

Of course it's personal choice, go and look at the screens (Hyundai, Techwood or Sky) and compare them to others, and make your own decision.

Just think about it, you're not going to throw your telly away after 12 months if you've just spent £1800 plus on it, so it may be worth spending the extra on something you're going to be very happy with for the next 5-10 years, rather than a screen you're happy to put up with for the same length of time.

3. mray

mray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +234
    I saw these in the Sky magazine. I noticed that the 42" had 1024x1024 resolution, so that one could be based on Hitachi's models.

These plasmas are ALIS based and can show the 1080i hi-def format.
    Maybe this is a clue as to which format Sky are going to choose!

4. Cag

Cag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I've seen them in the new Sky mag. I'm sure they are the new Hitachi. Stand & panel are the same as the Hitachi & specs seem similar

Regards
    Cag

5. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32

Yeah 720p.
    I'm thinking you are possibly over-estimating Sky's forward planning abilities. :D