Sky tvLINK to digital tv

jangra

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have used a tvLINK to two tvs, each of which have both digital and analogue tuners. There have been no problems. I have just bought a Samsung LED tv which has only a digital tuner and the link does not work. Any suggestions please, to solve this problem. Many thanks and apologies if this has been dealt with previously.

You can't view the video output from the TV link system without an analogue tuner. I don't know if it's possible to have one retro-fitted to the TV, but you could easily integrate one back into your system by connecting a DVD recorder or similar device to the TV.

Alternatively, you could just use the TV link system to control the Sky box and use another method to send the video to the TV, such as HDMI over cat 5 cable.

jangra said:
I have just bought a Samsung LED tv which has only a digital tuner

What's the model no of the TV?

Thank you for your prompt replies. It is LT24B301. I have since spoken to Samsung Helpline (01932 455000 - main office) and a very patient and helpful adviser took me through a process which solved the problem. It involved resetting the TV and when it got to 'Auto tune' I had to choose 'Digital and Analogue search' which found the digital, radio channels and one analogue channel. I now press 1 twice and it changes from DTV to ATV and Sky works on the latter. Marvellous. I hope this may be helpful for others.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom