Sky Tvlink/Magiceye to an LCD/Plasma

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by LiquidTV, Nov 14, 2004.

1. LiquidTV

LiquidTV
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Guys,

I am in the process of fitting an LCD in an extension just built but want to be able to change the sky channels from this room. I have bought a Tvlink today & tested it on a spare cheap TV that I have but found it was a real pain to get to work. :thumbsdow

I believe this adaptor works by enabling the second RF output which in turn sends a small current along the coaxial cable.

I have two questions...

Firstly, does this have to be connected to a TV to work.??

Secondly will this pose any risk being connected to an LCD. (I appreciate risks with power surges & lighting storms etc)??

The other option is to buy a digi sender. Anyone, have this connected to a plasma or LCD??

2. xmattbaron

xmattbaron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yup got one conected to my LCD TV in the bedroom.....just plug it in and off u go........

3. LiquidTV

LiquidTV
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think I must have a dodgy unit cos the LED illuminates when connected direct to the back of the RF2 output but will not work with the remote. :(

What I'm trying to achieve is to be able to change the Sky channels on 2 TV's via the RF2 output.

I've read that using just an ordinary splitter will not work, but you need an amplified splitter such as the T120.

I have to say that this Tvlink thingy is really p***ing me off, it's utter rubbish. :mad:

I have looked into buying the digi sender, but is not really an option so will have to make do with the TVlink (If I actually get it to work!!). I don't actually need to connect it to the LCD as it is directly connected to the digibox already via RGB leads, but will it still work if not connected to the RF input?? All I'm after is to be able to change channel. Also generally has anyone had mega problems trying to get this thing to work?? I also have wondered if it has anything to do with my Panasonic digibox which is getting on a bit now.

The only other option is try to buy a remote control extender but have not seen any decent one on the market.

4. Silver1

Silver1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you enabled the RF2 socket to operate in the services menu of the digibox?

Sorry if im stating the obvious