1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Tv==>xv320p

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by vectrexhunter, Apr 30, 2003.

1. vectrexhunter

vectrexhunter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :mad: HI,
    New kid on the block and all that, anyway i'm stuffed. I have a Sharp XV320P and i'm trying to connect it to my Digibox. I am using a scart adapter (digi end) to an S-VHS lead to the projector, i get a good picture but it's in black & white, i have tried everything but still it stays the same. Should i be using a single phono??? I'm getting desperate.............

2. Mr Cheese

Mr Cheese

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    It sounds like the chrominance isn't getting to the projector.

What type of Scart adapter are you using?

Possible causes of lack of chroma could be wrong video format selected to input of projector (NTSC and SECAM would both give a monocromatic picture.) I'm not familiar with you projector. Do you have to select the video format of each input? Also does the Digibox need to be set to RGB to make the adapter work. I use a John Sim RGB-Svideo convertor which works perfectly. BUT the digibox needs to be selected with RGB out.

Another possible cause could be a fauly lead. Can you provide exact details of your signal path/adapter/digibox used? It would help.

3. vectrexhunter

vectrexhunter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The digibox is: Amstrad DRX100.
    The scart adapter is unbranded, gold male scart one side, audio phono's/s-vhs & phono video the other side with input/output switch.
    I have tried all the input selections but it still stays in b&w even in PAL.
    The s-vhs lead is a brand new decent one.

During the world cup when i 1st got my pj i got it working but via the telly scart socket, which meant i had to have the telly on at the same time as the pj!

My thinking is it cannot be the adaptor because i used it before through the telly, but cannot fathom why the pic should go b&w when direct from the digibox???

4. JonMace

JonMace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +202
    I think you will probally need an actual RGB->SVideo convertor box as stated above, rather than a lead with scart at one end and SVideo at the other.

You can get them from Maplines for about £60

5. Mr Cheese

Mr Cheese

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I'm thinking, does the Scart adapter actually split the luminance and chrominance ie. an svideo 'conversion'. If not, you will never recover the chroma from the signal. Have you tried plugging the composite output of the adapter to the video input of the PJ. Do you get a colour picture then? I wonder if you turn your digibox to composite out it would work. That's the only thing I could think would be different from you tv out scart.

There are various companies making these adapters all of which do it slightly differently. It may be easier to bite the bullet and try something else. The one I use (The JS technology RGB-svideo converter Mk2) is excellent. I got it cheap off the forums. There's normally someone with one spare...