sky tv system inspain

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by promedia, Feb 10, 2005.

1. promedia

promedia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With a full sky system costing roughly 800euros in Spain, does anyone have any experience of buying a second sky digital set, with a seperate card for use in another room in their uk home (currently on offer in the uk for an extra £10 a month) and then just unplugging it, bringing it to Spain and plugging it into their community sky satellite system, has anyone else done this and does it work??

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    A lot depends on the size of the dish used on the community system. The BBC recently moved its channels to a new Sky transponder that has a tight footprint over the UK, to stop people in the Canary Islands watching BBC for free. A much larger dish is needed these days for the BBC channels if you are outside the UK.

3. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can't simply subscribe to the multiroom package (extra 10 pound a month on top of existing subscription) and then unplug it and take it to spain. This is because if you subscribe to the multiroom package you must have both digiboxes connected to the phone line at the same time. This is to stop exactly what you are doing and also to stop you giving the digibox to someone else at a reduced cost. The only way would be to buy your own digibox from a satellite outlet or source it from somewhere like ebay and take out another full subscription to SKY. If on the otherhand you are only going to spain on holiday and want to take your existing box with you then that can be done as long as the minimum 12 month period has passed since obtaining the box from SKY if it was part of a SKY deal? I currently work in Lisbon and travel back and forth to the UK and simply take my digibox to and from work. I get almost all available channels and 100% of the BBC channels.