Sky TV + Sky or BT broadband?

Godders9

Novice Member
Hi all,

I've always used BT for broadband as I haven't had Sky. We're moving next month and will be getting Sky. It looks sensible to use Sky for broadband + TV from a financial point of view but is there ever a reason to have BT for BB with Sky TV? Is BT Infinity capable of higher download/upload than Sky broadband?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I wouldn't think so, probably the same infrastructure is used by both.
In saying that, I have Sky+HD but BT fibre Broadband.
I don't like to put all my eggs in the same basket.

interbear

I have Sky TV and BT broadband. For two reasons primarily:

1) BT are the only provider who can offer fibre to the home to my location. So I have their Infinity 2 service and get 72Mbps. Sky can’t, to my knowledge, offer this.

2) I subscribe to BT Sport (delivered on the Sky Q box) which is considerably cheaper as I’m a BT broadband / calls customer. If I had broadband from Sky the price of BT Sport would be higher.

If I didn’t require any of the above I would be happy enough to bundle everything from Sky, in fact that’s exactly what I did a few years back.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Odd as Sky use the same connections from the exchange to the customer.
Might be worth checking again.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Odd as Sky use the same connections from the exchange to the customer.
Might be worth checking again.
I suspect the OP means he has BT FTTP...Fibre to the Premises, (Fibre all the way to the subscriber's home) rather than the more common and considerably less expensive FTTC...Fibre to the Cabinet, (Fibre to the BT street cabinet then copper to the home).

I don't think Sky offer FTTP.

Godders9

Novice Member
I suspect the OP means he has BT FTTP...Fibre to the Premises, (Fibre all the way to the subscriber's home) rather than the more common and considerably less expensive FTTC...Fibre to the Cabinet, (Fibre to the BT street cabinet then copper to the home).

I don't think Sky offer FTTP.
This is presumably why BT can offer upto 80mb at my new location whereas Sky can only promise 1/4 or 1/3 of that.

Trending threads

Top Bottom