• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky TV Picture Size Toshiba 52WM48

M

markjonesx

Hello,

I own a 52WM48 Toshiba DLP TV and currently run a standard Sky TV box (not Sky +).

I have noticed that the picture seems to be bigger than the viewable screen, see picture below, bottom left corner, the red button is half on/half off the screen.

I have messed around with the TV and the Sky Box trying 16:9, 4:3L & 4:3, but nothing seems to work?

Can I solve this problem? or is this how it is?

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
Looks like you got some Zoom mode on, but it will not be the Sky Box, if you have a 16:9 TV then it should be 16:9. I would start at the TV end of things.

M

markjonesx

I think i have found it.

In Picture Sttings you need to turn off AUTOFORMAT, seems the TV zooms everything in conjunction with the Sky Box.

FRANTIC FRANC

Established Member
You should have your TV set to auto so that it will resize the picture according to the actual transmission aspect ratio. If you have a wisescreen TV you need to set the digibox picture setting to 16:9 or 4:3 if you have an older square TV.

Cheers, Franc

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom