Question Sky TV package/upgrade prompt query?

Gareth W

Last week I started to rewatch an old TV series (“Auf Wierdersen Pet”) on the Drama channel by downloading each episode of the first season via on demand.

So then started watching the second season and it downloaded the first 2 episodes fine but when I got to the 3rd it wouldn’t download at all and said I needed to upgrade my Sky subscription and press the Red button.

Never had that happen before whilst already watching a series so I’m somewhat confused here. Any ideas or do I just have to bite the bullet and add to my Sky TV package?

The later series are available via BBC i player as they were BBC (not ITV) produced however.

Thanks.

I believe with Sky you have to have Sky Box sets to be able to download all content from on demand. It's a little annoying as really should be part of the subscription you already pay.

Britbox has them as well as a lot of other shows if you'd rather subscribe to that.

They also do a free months trial.

Gareth W

I don’t have Sky box sets but can watch them without an issue. As I said it was for all of the first season and 2 of the second and then it was effectively, turned off!

jole26

If a series has been broadcast (or repeated) recently, then it's available from Sky Catch Up and all Sky subscribers can access that.

After (I think) 2 weeks it's removed from catch-up and only available from Boxsets, which you have to subscribe to. It sounds like this is what has happened.

outoftheknow

I think the best advice has been given already? Have you asked Sky what the policies are to see if it is a feature or a fault?

Gareth W

I think the best advice has been given already? Have you asked Sky what the policies are to see if it is a feature or a fault?

Seems like it just was.

To be honest calling any large company at the moment is a pretty unpalatable choice unless you’ve got half a day to lose.....

The latest video from AVForums

Bowers PI7 wireless in-ear headphones review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom