1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sky tv link

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by baggyjim, Oct 10, 2005.

1. baggyjim

baggyjim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking of installing a sky tv link in the main bedroom , but also want to keep the terrestrial channels to view, i.e. If I am watching sky sports in the lounge and the wife wants to watch eastenders in the bedroom on bbc1 she still can via terrestrial. Currently the tv in the bedroom is connected to an aerial socket in the wall, which is fed from an 8 way amp/distribution box in the loft (digital compatible). Do I need to run the rf2 cable from the sky+ box directly to the tv in the bedroom or do I run it to the loft ?

2. morganog

morganog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Baggyjim

You need to connect the RF2 output into the input of the amp, asuming that your amp has a built in IR bypass you will have no probs with the tv link
    If not you will need to get a seperate IR bypass for it!!

The RF2 output has a terestrial loop through so you will get terestrial and sky in the bedroom!!

I guess the amp is fed from your terestrial aerial at the moment!!??
    If so this feed will become redundant when you replace it with the feed from RF2 of your sky box!!

Good luck

PS dont forget to enable RF2 output in the sky settings menu!!

3. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To be able to view both Sky and terrestrial all you need to do is run the cable to the back of the TV and use a Y splitter/combiner. Plug the TV link into one side and your terrestrial feed into the other,then plug the splitter into your TV aerial input.Tune a redundant channel to pick up the Sky signal, and there you are.If you plan to run the Sky feed through your loft box it will need to be able to pass 9v DC.If it won't, run a cable directly from RF2 on the digibox to the TV link.