SKY Tv Link - Magic Eye

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by athlonoc, Jan 16, 2008.

1. athlonoc

athlonoc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My problem is with the tv link not working.

It has worked for a day then stopped working.

The cable comes out of RF2 socket on skyHD box ( 9v checked and works - light come on )
    Then goes into SLX4b distributor ( all four outputs have 9v coming out checked with meter )
    Then goes into wall socket ( non isolated ) no longer has 9v coming out but for one day it did.

I have tested the cable and no 9v coming out, but other cables coming out of SLX4b distributor do.

I have a perfect picture from the cable/socket but no longer have the voltage to power the TV Link/Magic Eye

I have used different eyes, different socket plates etc, but nothing changes as you would expect if the voltage is lost somewhere.

Why should this be? What can happen to the cable to stop it from working after 24 hours?

Appreciate some views as this has driven me mad.

Thanks

Lee

2. Bluestu

Bluestu
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    This might help.

I am a newbe to Sky HD but the first box I had was also giving problems with the magic eye. The remotes on RF2 would work for a while then stop, starting to work again up to an hour later. Throughout the power light to the eye was lit.

I called Sky and an engineer was sent who told me the probem was due to the fact I was running more than one eye. Luckily, I have tested the power to the eyes before he came and noticed there was a problem with it fluctuating between 3 & 8ish volts. The enginer agreed to change the box....eventually, although he said it would not make any difference.
    I've not seen the problem since!

3. BoomBoomBarney

BoomBoomBarney
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've just encountered a problem with a magic eye also where i've not encountered one before ?

I use an eye on a 2nd TV and moved the TV to a new stand within 2m (that's Metres not Miles !). The light is on,the picture is great but i'm unable to change channels with the Sky+ remote unless I go to the room where the SKY+ box IS ?

Should I buy another magic eye and give that a whirl or is their something else worth trying ?

thanks