1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky TV in my apartment

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by videonasty, Aug 1, 2005.

1. videonasty

videonasty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    My apartment block has just been fitted with a new 4 socket aerial connection, which my friend tells me can now receive Sky. Can anyone tell me if the Sky I have will be cable or proper Sky?

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Contact the management company for the appartments (or your land lord if you rent) and they will be able to tell you what has been fitted (and if there is any additional fee for having sky fitted as some companies that put in setups like you describe charge a fee for 'turning on' the supply to your property. Would also recommend not mentioning your situation to sky as they charge different (aka higher) rates for installations even though it is easier for them.)

In my previous property I had a 5 point socket which was arial, radio, sat 1, sat 2 (for sky+) & return (for watching sky etc in other rooms)

3. videonasty

videonasty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I own my apartment, but the lease company are paying for this, as an upgrade for when analogue is switched off. I had a Sky leaflet pushed through the door, saying my place was "Sky ready" so I assume all I have to pay for is the monthly fee??

That sounds a lot like the socket I have fitted, but mine has 4 sockets? :confused: