Sky TV from Digibox to Laptop via wireless

C

Chris Jones

I have a Panasonic Sky Digibox. Also a Laptop with wireless facilities and wireless Broadband. I want to be able to watch TV on the laptop in another room connected "wireless" to the digibox. Is this possible? Do I need an AV transmitter on the Sky box and some kind of USB receiver in the laptop? If so what does anybody recommend? Thank you for such a good website. Chris Jones

CaffeineJunkie

I have a Panasonic Sky Digibox. Also a Laptop with wireless facilities and wireless Broadband. I want to be able to watch TV on the laptop in another room connected "wireless" to the digibox. Is this possible? Do I need an AV transmitter on the Sky box and some kind of USB receiver in the laptop? If so what does anybody recommend? Thank you for such a good website. Chris Jones

You want something like the Slingbox. It rebroadcasts your sky (and terrestrial) tv around a computer network. Even onto the internet if you have a fast enough connection.

I don't think it has wireless built in so you need to either have your wireless router close to the tv and slingbox, or have a wireless extender for the sling box.

I only know about it in theory. Never used one myself, but I'm sure theres plenty of help on the net. Search for slingbox.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom