Sky+ To Windows Media Centre

Bluey VIII

Novice Member
Is it possible to copy films from my Sky+ box onto my Windows Based Media Player?

I'd like to do this so I can stream the films to other PC's around the house via Ethernet/Wireless.

I have a Window Vista Home Premium based PC without a TV Card so I'm hoping it's possible to do this via USB..

Any help greafully received.

Cheers :beer:

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
Is it possible to copy films from my Sky+ box onto my Windows Based Media Player?

I'd like to do this so I can stream the films to other PC's around the house via Ethernet/Wireless.

I have a Window Vista Home Premium based PC without a TV Card so I'm hoping it's possible to do this via USB..

Any help greafully received.

Cheers :beer:

You will need some sort of USB video input device that accepts normal AV signals - RGB, s-video, composite video (or RF via an analogue TV tuner) and the copying will be in real time - i.e one hour programme will take one hour. The USB on the Sky+ boxes has no current use (other than charging ipods and mobiles on some boxes) and is now unlikely to.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom