• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky + to Sony DVD Recorder

Bryan 1111

Standard Member
Hi All, Being from the "old school" and ignorant in these matters and also new to the forum I require information on how to record from Sky + to Sony DVD Recorder. (Model RDR-HX525) I beleive that I require some specific cable in order to acomplish this. Can some kind person please supply required info?
Thanks. Bryan 1111.

logiciel

Hi and welcome to AVF.
The Sky receiver's Scart socket should be marked VCR and the manual should explain how to use it.

Bryan 1111

Standard Member
Thanks you guys for the feedback, once the snow melts I shall be off to purchase a suitable scart lead and try as per your instructions.

logiciel

Buy it online and let the postman plough through the snow. :D

Bryan 1111

Standard Member
Hi Fernandez and Logiciel, thanks guys for your help. I have fitted a scart lead and now can sucessfully copy from Sky + to the DVD recorder. Thanks again for your help.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom