sky to sky+ with same dish ???

Desf222

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi
Could anyone help me please, i am moving house soon and the house im moving to has standard sky installed with just the single cable and i have sky+ with the two cables my question is is it just a case of connecting a second cable to the dish to my box or is there more to it? sky have quoted me 40 quid to do the job.
Any help would be great thanks

For £40 get sky to do it. Its not that simple as the dish needs to have a twin LNB (the bit on the end of the arm on the dish) without this you wont be able to record one channel and watch another etc.

Hi
Could anyone help me please, i am moving house soon and the house im moving to has standard sky installed with just the single cable and i have sky+ with the two cables my question is is it just a case of connecting a second cable to the dish to my box or is there more to it? sky have quoted me 40 quid to do the job.
Any help would be great thanks

You'll need to take your LNB with you, or buy a new dual or quad LNB (it's the bulbous bit at the end of the dish that the cable connects to). Then you can run another cable from it to your Sky+ box.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom