Sky + to Sky HD

jbmatey

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All
Can I Use A Sky HD Box With A Sky+ Card ???
All The Best
From
jbmatey

Technically there's no such thing as a "Sky+ card" rather a generic viewing card.

All you, or the installer, needs to do is obviously transfer it from the Sky+ box to the HD box and then call Sky to pair the card to the new box.

All you, or the installer, needs to do is obviously transfer it from the Sky+ box to the HD box and then call Sky to pair the card to the new box.

wasnt quite that straight forward (for me at least) the installer has to do a few things 1st before ringing sky to pair,

my hd box didnt play ball until he got me to removed the phone filter for some reason

Hi All
Can I Use A Sky HD Box With A Sky+ Card ???
All The Best
From
jbmatey

They took my card straight out of the Sky + box, placed it into the Sky HD box. Prior to them pairing my old card to the new box I only had the freeview channels, then the installer made a quick 2 minute call, and 30 seconds later my subscription was updated on the new box.

Piece of cake.

:thumbsup:

Hi All
Thanks To You All At AVforumes ... Im Now Viewing Via A Sky HD Box ... Thanks Again All :thumbsup: :smashin: :hiya:

Glad you got it sorted :)

They took my card straight out of the Sky + box, placed it into the Sky HD box. Prior to them pairing my old card to the new box I only had the freeview channels, then the installer made a quick 2 minute call, and 30 seconds later my subscription was updated on the new box.

Piece of cake.

:thumbsup:
I have a plain simple sky box, since November last year. Would like HD pref the free channels such as the BBC. Is it as simple as buying a sky + HD box off flea bay. Ringing sky and asking them to pair my new/second hand HD box with my old/current card? I dont want to pay sky for their HD channels, but would love to watch the BBC's etc free ones.

:thumbsup: Yes Thats Right , Just pair The Old Card To The New Box ... But Did You Say That Its a Plain Old sky Box ??? ... If so You Would Have To Upgrade so That You can Use The + Features ... BTW I Do happen To Have A Sky HD Box For sale ( I Bought Two Of Ebay , By Mistake )
All The Best From
jbmatey

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom