Sky to Sky+ Costs

ColdKilla

Novice Member
Am I right in assuming if I want to upgrade from standard Sky to Sky+ I am looking at arounf £99 for the box and £60 for installation?

Is there any way to get this deal any cheaper does anyone know?

CK

zappo

Novice Member
Sky are quite good at checking this, the engineer has to give them a call during installation to activate the SkyPlus box and lock the card to the account. You can do some of this yourself via the hidden install menu but I have never tried it on a first install.

On my second Sky Plus box (40gb version purchased from eBay for £40) I was able to call Sky and get the box activated by saying "I had this second box installed on Saturday but it does not display my channels". They assumed it was a Sky engineer who installed it but it was me. There was no additional fee as I already had multiroom and a premium channel package.

If I were you I would pay the money, the engineers will fit you with a new LNB and you can tell them to wire it to extra rooms. £60 is worth it for that. As for the box, well you can fit your own hard disk and sell the standard 80gb disk on eBay.

You forgot to mention the monthly fee of £10 which is waived if you have a premium channel package.

B

Bluevanman

If you bought a second hand box, and quad LNB and installed it yourself, and called Sky to upgrade you subscription there shouldn't be too much of a problem, except Sky will not provide any form of guarantee whatsoever.

ColdKilla

Novice Member
Looks like its £160 then! Do they ever have offers for existing sky subs to upgrade?

CK

Top Bottom