1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ to Sky+ 160

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by stek1961, Oct 18, 2005.

1. stek1961

stek1961

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had Sky+ now for 2+ years at three different adresses, never done the cancel and reapply trick - doh! So they know I live here now.

I keep getting the deals mailshots and I want something for 2 years full package loyalty!

I have a Pace V2 box which has done sterling service so whats the best way to try and wangle a 160?

Or wait for HD? Means buying a new telly tho.....

If it's any use my gf has moved in with me, but she's foriegn and has no bank account (yet) or any credit history....

Steve

2. Henry

Henry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Nope. Buy yourself a 250Gb HDD and swap it over. Much cheaper and I've never had any problems with mine! Touch wood, fingers crossed etc etc.

HD is still a ways off and is probably going to be pretty pricey to begin with. So I'd buy myself a new Hard Drive and stick it in your current Sky+ box. :thumbsup:

3. stek1961

stek1961

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I actually have a 160gb here waiting to go in. But to be honest 40gb is enough. You can record alot of Kim Possibles and American Dragons in 40gb - bloody kids. If I put the 160gb in that's four times as many.

No, being brutally honest all I really want is a new shiny toy with the 160 graphic on the front.......

Pathetic, aren't I!

Steve