Sky to second tv

Lobsterboy1

Hi, I have read loads of threads on using the rf socket on the sky hd box to connect to a second tv but not the way I want to do it. I have a sky hd box in living room connected to main tv, on the wall there is a aerial plate connected to aerial in loft. From the same aerial there is a cable running to aerial plate in the bedroom. I never use the freeview on my tv in the living room and watch everything through sky, so could I disconnect the coaxial cable from the aerial in loft, plug a cable from sky box into wall plate in room, put a male/female end on where I have disconnected from aerial in loft, then connect via a splitter to cable that runs to bedroom. Would I be able to use a magic eye with this set up and how would it be going through two wall plates and a splitter. I need the splitter as still want to watch freeview in bedroom. Hope this makes sense. I confused myself a few times posting it. Cheers for any help and advice you can give.

logiciel

connect via a splitter
I don't see what there is to split, but if you mean a combiner it all looks fine - and S N has the answer anyway!

Magic eyes sometimes don't like wall plates if they have capacitors etc on the back which some have. If that is the case you can often replace the wall plate with a plate allowing a straight co-ax pass through to the sky box

Same at the bedroom end if necessary

Lobsterboy1

Ok thanks for that. Will have a look at wall plates is there a big differance in quality of magic eyes seen quite a big difference in prices for them.

logiciel

Less than £5 for a "magic eye".

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom