• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky+ to Samsung LE46M86 TV, scart?

Grayman

Established Member
Just wondering what my options are with regards connecting my Sky+ box to my Samsung LE46M86 TV.

Currently goes via a very cheap scart cable, so have ordered a Profigold scart cable. Can cancle the order if there is a better way to connect to the telly, would need to make a noticeable difference though.

Is component an option?

I also have a Yamaha AX763 amp, but dont really want to have to have it on every time we watch Sky, so ideally want the Sky to work without the amp being on. I have optical out from Sky box to amp for when I want good sound.

If the Yamaha could be used to noticeably improve picture quality I would incorporate it though, and have scart running alongside this for general viewing.

Also, I know the cost of HDMI cables doesnt necessarily equal a better cable as it is all digital, but dont suppose this would apply to scart? I spent a little more when ordering the scart cable as wanted a good one.

Cheers

MarkTaylor

Prominent Member
Component isn't usually an option for Sky+, does your box even have a component output?

The solution you propose is the best one, SCART to the TV and select RGB in the Sky menu and maker sure you connect to an RGB capable SCART socket on the TV.

Yes it is worth paying a bit extra to get a good SCART cable, Profigold is a decent choice as are options like Thor.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom